Welcome to the Irish Fulbright Alumni Association website
The Irish Fulbright Alumni Association (IFAA) is a voluntary association of past and present participants in the Fulbright Scholarship exchange programme that operates between the USA and Ireland. As such, it is a network of people who have been enriched by a significant educational experience and who come together, following their stay in the USA, to share both professionally and socially.
Fulbright Awards 2016/2017
This year's Fulbright awardees at the IFAA Scholars' Dinner, pictured with honoured guests of the IFAA, the US Ambassador Mr Kevin O'Malley and Senator Alice Mary Higgins, on the stairs at Dublin Castle on June 17, 2016.
The Mission of the Irish Fulbright Alumni Association
- To consolidate the Fulbright experience and offer alumni an opportunity to extend and build on that experience.
- To create opportunities for alumni to put something back into the Fulbright initiative.
- To provide a welcoming meeting point for visiting US Fulbright Fellows and Scholars.
- To collaborate with the Fulbright Commission in Ireland.
- To promote international educational and cultural exchange, and in the true spirit of Fulbright, foster mutual understanding among the peoples of the world.
- To establish links with other Fulbright Alumni Associations across Europe and beyond.
IFAA Sponsors 2016
The IFAA gratefully acknowledges the generous sponsorship/assistance of:
- Athlone Institute of Technology
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Dublin City University
- Dublin Institute of Technology
- Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
- Irish Fulbright Commission
- Limerick Institute of Technology
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Maynooth University
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- St. Patrick's College, Drumcondra
- Waterford Institute of Technology
- US Embassy Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick